For eight years, recreational vehicle market has grown steadily and last year as per the data from Recreation Vehicle Industry Association the RV shipments reached to their highest levels.
So what are the reasons for the RV’s industry growth?
- You can maintain a balanced and active lifestyle with an RV. RVers have found stronger bonds with their loved ones and it’s also fun for children. The advantage of traveling in an RV is that you can eat healthy even on road, sleep in your bed and have your own bathroom facilities…anywhere you go!
- RV ownership and travel are truly value for the money. Even when there is a hike in fuel prices, more than 80% of RV owners believe that their RV vacations cost less as compared to most other forms of travel.
- RV’s have diversified usage and in addition to vacation travel, owners can use RV’s to take their furry friends with them too, as most hotels are not pet friendly. They can be used for outdoor sporting events and other leisure activities.
- Research also shows, RVers spend less time on the road hence saving fuel and more time is spent enjoying activities. Having an RV makes vacation planning easier – pick a destination and just drive… There is no need to squeeze into a tight-fitting car or spend most of your vacation budget on a flights and hotels.
What other factors are behind RV industry growth?
- IRS tax deductions. For most RV buyers, interest on their loan is deductible like a second home mortgage interest.
- RV manufacturers are offering innovative new products with the best combination of size, amenities and price that’s meant for today’s budget-conscious consumers.
- Manufacturers focus on producing lightweight trailers and smaller, fuel-efficient motorhomes. Also, there has been a rapid increase in the use of green technologies such as solar panels and energy efficient components in RV models.
- Lifestyle trends have led to the increased demand for RV’s. With RV’s it is easy to go for more frequent weekend getaways or mini-vacations that can even accommodate busy family schedules.
Pointers for future growth
- RV ownership has reached record high levels. More than nine million households now own an RV – the highest level ever recorded – a 16% increase since 2001 and a 64% gain since 1980.
- The population and demographic trends always favor the long-term growth in RV market. The largest segment of RV owners are the buyers aged 35-54, according to the 2011 University of Michigan study of RV consumers commissioned by Recreation Vehicle Industry Association.
- There is boom in recreational vehicle sales, thanks to strong economy and upsurge of retiring Baby Boomers.
At Imperial Storage U Own can store your precious RV’s, motor coaches, water craft, snowmobiles, campers, collector automobiles, business inventory, tools and equipment and all those items you have stored in your garage that force you to park outside in winter. Our luxury condo storage units are the perfect place away from home to Store your RV between road trips.